Re: 6rd - Rapid Deployment on existing IPv4 infrastructures - a new approach

Iljitsch van Beijnum a écrit :
On 13 feb 2008, at 13:58, Rémi Després wrote:

If an ISP has a /19 and assigns /56s with 6rd to its customers, the computation is as follows:

Let XXXX:e000::/19 be the ISP prefix.
Let XXXX:e000::/24 be its chosen 6rd ISP prefix.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here... Can you explain a bit more what the message I'm replying to is about? Are you agreeing with me, suggesting something new or clarifying something old?

You wrote "if an ISP has a /19, they use up /56 - /19 = /37 for the customers in that /19."

I am not sure myself what was your point.
I was then trying to clarify how much of the ISP /19 prefix is used for 6rd (with a longer answer than the quotation above).

Unless you see a need to discuss this further, we probably can leave it now.

Rémi