Re: 6rd - Rapid Deployment on existing IPv4 infrastructures - a newapproach

Remi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> The issue is with *cascading*routers. With no bits to do routing
> within a site, if bridging is not possible, there is no choice but to
>  use NAT.

There is IMHO a better alternative:  where no IPv6 prefix is available,
like behind a cascading router in a /64 site, use another available tool.
(Teredo, tunnel broker etc, are IMU availble precisely for this).

> Where is the complexity in shifting some bits?
Right, "shifting bits" is simple.
It works if each ISP hasonly one RIR-provided prefix for all its customers,
but *only in this case*.
Personally I don't know how many v4 prefixes Free has, and plans to use.
But, as you know,  ISPs tend to get their v4 address space piece by piece.
The complexity starts.

Rémi