Re: I-D Action:draft--remi-despres--ipv6-rapid-deployment--00.txt

Alexandru Petrescu a écrit :
Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
...     :
draft--remi-despres--ipv6-rapid-deployment--00.txt Pages           :
19 Date            : 2008-02-08

Hello Remi and thank you for this draft.  I understand the intent is to
have it discussed at IETF.  Is the v6ops WG the right venue for this
discussion?
I believe this would be a good choice, but there may be considerations I don't know about which WGs discuss what.

 From the perspective of the end user, I have a small question on the
decision made by this deployment to deliver a /64 prefix to the end
user.  With only a /64 users can not subnet their networks in house, and
use stateless address autoconfiguration at the same time;  or, some
users already have IPv4 subnets in-house.

Is there a possibility to have for example a /56 delivered with 6rd
method to end-user?

(I'm asking this in light of the existing 6to4 method which allows a
 adsl-box to deliver a /48 to end user; it appears more advantageous).
Section 3.2 of the draft discusses this issue.

/64 is clearly not ideal, but is guaranteed to be possible for ISPs that get only /32 from their RIR's.
Free was in this case when they made the first deployment of 6rd.

I just learned that they have now a shorter prefix.
They will be able to support several subnets per customer site.

Regards.

Rémi