problem (with Firefix 2.0.0.7, or with IE).

Is it possible that your browser is going to a proxy?

   Brian

On 2008-02-05 13:24, blue wrote:

Hi,
But after typing a link-local address, Firefox' message shows:

   Unable to find "www.fe80::213:49ff:fe04:507%8.com"

It translated typed "http://[fe80::213:49ff:fe04:507%8]" to
"http://[www.fe80::213:49ff:fe04:507%8.com]/".

However, a global unique IPv6 address worked!

I thought it proved that Firefox does not support link-local address.

Thanks.
BR,
Yi-Wen

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Yes, users need to configure our device via http, and if there's no
well-known IPv6 address, how do users know which address to connect to?
I have thought about a pre-configured link-local address; however,
browsers such as Firefox does not support link-local address. Any
suggestions?

How come Firefox (or any other browser) knows how to *not* support
link-local addresses? As far as I can tell, it does support them.
Just don't forget the [ ] brackets.

When I tell Firefox to connect to http://[fe80::1]/ it gives me
an "unable to connect" message, but that's exactly what I'd expect.
When I tell Firefox to connect to http://[fe80::21a:a0ff:fe4a:d680%5]/
(my own link-local address) it gives me a "server not found" message,
which is also exactly what I'd expect, since I'm not listening on
port 80.

   Brian