Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-02

Le Sunday 27 January 2008 22:39:21 Brian E Carpenter, vous avez écrit :
> Not true if the sites concerned are both using PA space and
> happen to have the same ISP. We still have hopes that PA space will
> be predominant in IPv6, despite the PI heresy.
>
> Can you describe cases in which this rule is actively harmful?

http://bugs.debian.org/438179 : Rule 9 defeats round-robin DNS.

The practical problem was with IPv4 address space, but as noted, there is no
reason why it would not apply to IPv6 as well as it gets deployed.

Debian did end up overriding/ignored rule 9 by default.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/