From: Marc Blanchet [mailto:Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:28 PM
To: Templin, Fred L
Cc: Dunn, Jeffrey H.; v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3330-for-ipv6-04.txt

I think ISATAP are really out of scope of this document. The purpose
of the document was not to list all possible IPv6 addresses constructs

but listing the prefixes that need to be looked at for operators.
Again, the genesis of this draft was a concensus among providers and
IX operators during an informal IXv6 meeting on the need of a document

to list all prefixes that are candidate to be filtered in some shape
or form.

Marc.

Le 08-01-15 à 13:19, Templin, Fred L a écrit :

> Jeffrey,
>
> I hadn't thought about ACLs, and there is also the question
> of IPv6 privacy addresses (RFC3041) that end up looking like
> ISATAP addresses. I guess I could see the rescoping if there
> were concern for addresses that look like ISATAP showing up
> on prefixes assigned to non-ISATAP links. Is there reason
> to be concerned about this?
>
> Thanks - Fred
> fred.l.templin@boeing.com

documentation