Re: Discussion of the Home/SOHO environment

On 2008-01-04 16:00, james woodyatt wrote:
On Jan 3, 2008, at 18:25, David Miles wrote:

While IPv6 supports it, it would be resource intensive for edge routers to support transitioning from one prefix to another with multiple prefixes simultaneously active.

Actually, no it isn't. The IPv6-enabled Internet gateway my employer sells today does this. Every time the public IPv4 address changes, the IPv6 6to4 interior prefix moves.

That's not quite the same as running with several simultaneous
prefixes, though. I agree that this ought to work painlessly too,
since it's a design feature of IPv6, but the CPE will have to
actually support it, and so will all the consumer devices.

    Brian