RE: IPv6 Benchmarking

NOTE: Cross posting this discussion of the IPv6 Benchmarking draft
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/bmwg/draft-popoviciu-bmwg-ipv6benchmarking-01.
txt) to the v6ops and bmwg aliases as this is a topic of interest to
both work groups. Feedback is very welcomed!

Bill,

I appreciate the fact that you shared with us this particular reference.
It is an excellent example that supports our decision to include in the
IPv6 Benchmarking draft the scenario of evaluating the performance of
processing traffic with extension headers (section 4.3) while filters
for upper layer protocols are applied (section 5.2.2). Such benchmarking
tests could uncover the fact that the DUT either is not processing such
traffic correctly or that its forwarding performance is significantly
impacted under such circumstances. Both these situations would be
critical data points in the process of evaluating networking equipment.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and suggestions below and we
hope you will continue to help us improve this draft.

Best Regards,
Chip