Re: draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-02.txt

On 13 jul 2006, at 23.45, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

First. giving out a /48 to every home network (which today has at most
a handful of machines, which means, one subnet would suffice) is

Part of the problem is what each of us considers enough, and this may depend on knowledge about developments being cooked, which bring the need of more than 256 subnets, even if you have only a handful of devices in each one.

I would be happy if I knew about deployments being cooked that required /64 per user, let alone anything more. I still have a hard time imagining what technology will deployed at most sites that _require_ separate subnets, but I am trying to be generous and will accept that a few might be needed.

- kurtis -