Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-recs to informational

No, I'm not trying to say "we're not going to do anything with the feedback". I *am*, however, saying that feedback needs to be timely, and given all the delays built into the system (one of which is me) and the number of times that the working group (which you are a part of) has been asked for comment, sending small comments in immediately after I *finally* send the document off to the IESG is *really*late*, and expecting the authors and the working group to spin on a dime to fix them isn't very realistic. If you want to discuss delays in process in detail, I would suggest you take Jim Bound or Yannick Pouffary aside and ask them what they really think about that silly chair of the v6ops WG delaying things every time just to get the document right...

We'll pick these comments up if the IESG asks for a revision.

As to my comment on the Hop Limit, I did read the document. It states, in several places, that the recommendation is that the Hop Limit be set to 255 and tested for still being 255 on receipt. What I stated was that I would go at it a different way. If the packet is sent with Hop Limit = 1, it cannot pass a compliant router or firewall, so there is no need to test for whether it did or didn't. My way is, I think, more robust - it depends only on the sender, not the sender and the receiver. But you note that I didn't require a change to suit my fancy either.