RE: What we disagree on RE: TE Requirements Draft-ELSP

Shai,

At 12:55 06/12/2001 -0500, Shai Herzog wrote:
>Nabil,

before you jumped into this thread we spent time converging on a precise
breakdown of options (i), (ii), (iiia) and (iiib). The reason we did that
is because there was lots of cross-purpose discussion before.

This is happening again in this thread where Nabil is generally arguing in
favor of (iiia) while you're generally arguing against (ii). It would be
very useful if you indicate in your arguments and colourful analogies
precisely which of these options you are refering to , instead of "this
option" or "this weird option".

This would also help avoiding the above fascinating situation where, in two
consecutive paragraphs , I am simultaneously :
         - accused of being religious because I am too closed to adding
options [ie arguing against (iiia) because of its protocol extensions]
         - accused of being religious because I am too open to adding
options [ie arguing that it is OK to allow option (ii) since it doesn't
require any protocol extension].
Funny world.

If I understand correctly, this is where we stand :
         - Nabil is saying, let's allow (ii) and (iiia)
         - Shai is saying, let's not allow (ii) nor (iiia)
         - Francois is saying, let's allow (ii) but not (iiia).
At least, my religion is more middle-of-the-ground than either of yours. '^)

Cheers

Francois