Re: DS-TE Requirements - input sought on "Overbooking"

Francois,
comments below.

Francois Le Faucheur [flefauch@cisco.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The topic of "Overbooking" was discussed during the London TEWG meeting. It
> seems to me like a good idea to try capture the main points on this in the
> DS-TE Requirements document (which currently does not discuss overbooking
> at all).
>
> I believe the following points were made during the London discussion:
> 	- DS-TE should allow different overbooking ratios to be used for different
> classes
> 	- DS-TE should allow these overbooking ratios to be different in different
> parts of the network (e.g. higher overbooking ratios on high speed core
> links, lower overbooking ratios on lower speed access links).
>
> Do we agree it is worth adding something on Overbooking in the "DS-TE
> Reqts" draft?

The concept of overbooking should be addressed in the requirements
draft.  However, i am not sure if overbooking is necessary in the
protocol extensions.  There are alternative ways to achieve over-
booking, including adjusting bandwidth of particular LSPs.  While
this doesn't allow you to overbook different parts of the network,
i question whether adding this justifies the increased complexity.

-dave