Re: draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-reqts-01.txt

Assuming that EF is in one class type, and these particular LSPs are
split across priorities 0 and 8 (7, more likely) and that all the BE
ones are at priority 2 is presupposing a specific technical solution,
which is Francois et. al.'s approach.  That is not the only technical
approach, I've heard others discussed.

If what you are asking though is "should traffic in one class (type) be
able to preempt traffic in another to claim resources, and should this
be configurable as possible/impossible by operator" - good requirements
question.  I'd reply as the others have as "yeah".  Is that not covered
in 2.5.2?

At this time, let's try to make sure that we have covered the
requirements in requisite, but not exhaustive detail in the draft.If
there's something major missing, let's make that clear.

As for technical solutions, anyone who feels they have a technical
approaches to solving the problems and detailed requirements outlined
should be working on articulating their technical proposal.  If anyone
has something ready for discussion, I don't see why delay in posting it.
(currently, only francois's are documented)

After we have the requirements kicked around a bit in the WG, then I
think it would be the right time to discussing pros/cons on difft.
approaches.

regards.

Jim