RE: QoS in Shared Media

Hi

  Thanks for all those who replied and gave good pointers.

  Fred/David, Some one pointed me to ISSLL WG with this regard
  (I thought this WG is also off along with INTSERV & RSVP)

  Esp about RFCs 2814/2815/2816 - SBM (Subnet Bandwidth Manager)
  Integrated Services Over Shared and Switched IEEE 802 LAN
  Technologies. I didn't go through these drafts completely
  but, aren't they doing in the direction we are looking for...

  my question is, why not RSVP for MPLS not considering these
  work. Recently David was asking "why RSVP doesn't have strict
  delay and delay variation control parameters like ATM?"
  I found some of the RFCs in ISSLL (2379, 2380, 2381 & 2382)
  have answer for that - Inserv has the answer for QoS in any media!
  Are these something different when compared to RSVP for LSPs?

  I am searching for what I missed?! :-)

-Venkata Naidu