Re: Examples of ASN.1 for SMIng.txt

Hi!

Amardeo> How user-friendly a syntax is also depends on the
Amardeo> availability of good tools. This will in my view be more
Amardeo> crucial than prima facie similarity with C or Java to allow
Amardeo> users to quickly adopt or use a language productively.

In principle, I agree to this statement.

Can you suggest one or two good open source ASN.1 compiler toolsets that
allow an easy implementation of code generator for common SNMP toolkits,
for example? I would like to take a look at such tools.

Furthermore, Alessandro wrote in <01c701c17e83$4ee87fc0$3f00000a@SandroNB>
that it would not be a problem to adapt your proposal so that some things
become simpler, e.g. removing the IMPORT of SMING keywords. But then, I
assume standard ASN.1 parsers would probably no longer work. Maybe, I'm
wrong. Please let me know.

 -frank