Re: Examples of ASN.1 for SMIng.txt

Hi!

>> I want to replace the associated tables data model with a
>> data model that allows complex aggregation and containment,
>> among other things.

John> That is a good and worthy remark.  Do any of the current
John> proposals get near to doing that?  I have seen none on the list
John> that seem to do that.  ([...rest censored...;-)])

Complex types and containment are mandatory requirements and they are
also addressed by the NMRG-based proposal. However, the NMRG-based
proposal does not intend to affect the table-based semantics of all
the SNMP and COPS-PR based implementations of existing and future MIBs.
In my opinion, this would be far beyond the scope of the SMING WG.

Andy, did you get any feedback on your according email with the
subject `Naming Scheme(s)'? Did you talk to COPS-PR/SPPI people
about this proposal?

 -frank