Re: Aggregate Attributes

At 12:54 PM 9/26/2001, Jon Saperia wrote:
>One comment on Fred's point which is my way to make sure I understood
>him. With regard to the ospfLsdbEntry, I think the problem is a bit more
>broad. Specifically, I might want to create aggregates across tables. An
>example would be for BGP Path Attributes. There is work currently
>underway on a revision of that module and it sure would be handy to have
>potentially several tables (some of the attributes can be pretty big)
>used for various types of attributes, some of which may be optional. A
>single aggregate/handle for the whole thing would be more efficient and
>very nice.
>
>Fred, did I understand your point in this regard?

I don't think so, as I was talking about the organization and transmission
of attributes in logical groupings (all of the information in a single LSA
being an example, or a single IP Prefix being an example), rather than a
handle with which to identify them across multiple logical records.

However, I can imagine that the handle might be useful. In the BGP case, it
sounds like you might want a table of RowPointers indexed by the handle and
an element-that-has-that-handle number. You could download that, for some
value of the handle, and then download the indicated records.