Re: WG Last Call draft-ietf-sming-reqs-04.txt

The two requirements are written exactly the same way, and yet Juergen you
interpret them very differently.  Any textual representation meetsw the
requirement as you re-state 4.1.3.  If that were accurate, then any
parseable representation would meet the requirements for 4.1.4.  What Jon
is raising on 4.1.3 is that if (as the requirement says) we are going for
"easy" readability, then we have to decide ~easy for whom~.  Programmers
find reading languages they are familiar with easy.  Heck, I knew folks who
thought RPG was "readable".   So either this is a vacuous requirement, or
we need to be more specific about whom it is to be read by.  By many
standards, current MIBs are quite readable.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern