Re: comments on draft-ietf-sming-reqs-03.txt

Hi!

Jon> [...] I do not plan on spending a lot of time on these issues. I just
Jon> wanted to be a good citizen an express my views one more time.

I agree, that we should not waste time on this semicolon discussion,
at least not at this point in time.

What's important *now* are the requirements and their classifications.

The semicolon is of course not a requirement. But in my opinion the
prerequisites for an easy and unambiguous development of parsers is a
requirement, since we are faced these days with lots of buggy SMI
modules due to the fact that for a long time of more than 5 years
developers didn't have MIB compilers of that precision that we are all
accustomed to by C and Java compilers. I don't want to repeat such a
pain.

 -frank