RE: comments on draft-ietf-sming-reqs-02.txt: Arrays

> 1. An array could be accessed atomically by protocol operations. This
>    would be a win for many applications. However, this is not possible
>    with the current SNMP. :-(

While I would like for arrays to be a requirement, if it is the consensus of
the WG (and it seems to be) I can live with them being moved to
nice-to-have.

Having said that, I do believe that just because an underlying protocol
cannot support them directly should not be a reason for hamstringing SMIng.
Currently, workarounds for arrays suffer from the same lack of atomicty.
So, in my opinion, adding array support does not deviate from the status quo
of today.

Jamie