RE: comments on draft-ietf-sming-reqs-02.txt

Juergen & Frank,

thanks for the extensive feedback.  I have finally gotten through all 87
points.

1.  I have incorporated the editorial comments into the draft.
2.  As for requirements that should be moved - the document reflects the
consensus of the requirements discussions.  If the working group decides it
is desirable to move requirements from rejected to accepted, etc., then I
will move them in the document.  I am not sure how to interpret the lack of
given that tomorrow is a holiday in the U.S., I will optimistically assume
that many people are taking vacation and will be responding next week :)
3.  As for totally dropping from the document requirements with no
motivation, I will have to abdicate to the WG chair (Dave are you there???).
Is it sufficient to make sure they are in rejected section, or should they
be totally removed from the document?  Only one requirement in the accepted
section, "Tables", has no motivation - you had another issue with this
requirement anyway.  The remaining with no motivation are in the rejected
section.

I am going to make a second pass through your feedback and ask questions
about specific points as I am by no means an SMI or SPPI expert and hope
that others on the mailing list can help me understand some of the finer
points of your arguments.

Thanks again.
Jamie

Jamie Jason                       email: jamie.jason@intel.com
Intel Architecture Labs           phone: 503-264-9531
2111 NE 25th Avenue               fax:   503-264-9428
Hillsboro, OR 97124

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
 - Steve Prefontaine

All opinions expressed are:
1.  Entirely my own.
2.  Not necessarily shared by my employer.
3.  Unencumbered by the thought process.