Re: Methods, Inheritance, Exceptions, etc. (was: Re: Methods in SMIng ?)

Andrea> For examples of what I meant (again, maybe not the right term
Andrea> "method" vs "procedure") and how to map this are in RFC2925.

You did not respond to my question. I know several MIBs that would
have been much simpler if we were able to define methods - no doubt
about that. RFC 2925 is certainly one of them. (I am also missing the
method signatures that RFC2925 actually implements.)

The pure fact that we did work around the lack of methods in several
special purpose MIBs does IMHO not prove that we know an effective
mechanism to map _generic_ SMI method signatures to the SNMP protocol
operations.

I am looking for someone who shows a concrete proposal how a generic
method signature maps to our current set of SNMP protocol operations.

/js