#64 Make Status Information Optional

Problematic Requirement: #64
       Requirement name: Make Status Information Optional
       Description of the problem with the requirement: I believe this
is a bad idea if we allow inheritance and independent evolution of
modules. It is very possible that a base class could be declared
obsolete, but the derived classes would still incorrectly default to
current. Some might conclude that they cannot obsolete something that
somebody might have derived from, so they leave it marked as current.

I think defaulting to current will be very confusing to people and the
cure is worse than the illness. We need to make our standards
unambiguous, much more than we need to eliminate a little redundancy.
--
---
David Harrington            Network Management Standards Architect