From: owner-sming@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-sming@ops.ietf.org]On
Behalf Of Durham, David
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 7:44 AM
To: 'sming@ops.ietf.org'
Subject: RE: Final Requirements Process for SMIng:

This message is to announce that we are now in the second phase of the SMIng
requirements finalization process. Please review the original message below.
The WG now will focus on identifying problematic requirements, and
specifying the reasons why a particular requirement may be problematic.
Don't be bashful... If you have any issue with any proposed requirement, you
have until April 30th to voice your concerns before the requirements
document goes to last call.

The current proposed requirements list can be found at:
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/sming/issues.html
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/sming/issues.txt
And the SMIng requirements document in which they were originally defined
can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-reqs-00.txt

Note that unmotivated new requirements (new = not already in SMI/SPPI) will
now be removed from the requirements list.

Thanks,
-Dave