RE: shim - transport/app communication

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Bound, Jim wrote:
> > So I'm afraid that applications that want to take advantage of shim
> > might need to use a different address family, at least.
>
> That is a non starter and will never be supported.  Might as well move
> them to SCTP.

I have a vague memory that this was brought up after Erik's presentation
to the apps area open meeting in D.C and I from what I remember Erik was
stressing that this was one of fundamentals that could not be changed. But
I hope that Erik can refresh my memory.

In general the shim6 would have to be as transparent to the application
(API) as possible.

- kurtis -