Re: Issue: Treatment of null Identity Response

Yes.

Nelson, David wrote:

Jari Arkko writes...

Well, if its a "string" in RADIUS terminology then its
really an octet string in more general terminology, and
implementations already have to support embedded  00s.

Agreed, but see below.

To me the CUI function is more of a binary handle
than a printable string. But I'm not sure if others agree.

It is defined as a cookie, opaque to all but the issuer (home AAA
server), so it could be a RADIUS "string" type (binary string).  I
surmise that the reason that a UTF-8 printable string type was specified
has to do with ease of debugging (human readable characters in the
packet trace).

I don't think it matters very much.  If it is to be UTF-8, then it
should be a RADIUS "text" type, and if it's to be binary, we should
remove the reference to UTF-8.