Re: Issue: Treatment of null Identity Response

Nelson, David wrote:

Jari Arkko writes...

The text in the CUI draft indicates that the NUL CUI includes a
single
'NUL' character.
Right. This is correct, and we do not have a problem with the empty
string rule.

Since counted strings can have embedded NUL characters, that's true.  It
obviously requires special handling in the C-style string to RADIUS
string conversion, though.
Well, if its a "string" in RADIUS terminology then its
really an octet string in more general terminology, and
implementations already have to support embedded  00s.

I agree, although if the type is intended to be a UTF-8 printable
string, the correct RADIUS type would be "text", not "string.  If there
is consensus on that, it could be fixed in AUTH48.
Yes. To me the CUI function is more of a binary handle
than a printable string. But I'm not sure if others agree.

--Jari