Re: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mitton-diameter-radius-vsas-00.txt

"Glen Zorn (gwz)" <gwz@cisco.com> wrote:
> > People try to send
> > 100's of long string attributes via RADIUS, and it doesn't work.
>
> I think that the standard answer would be that that is perfectly
> acceptable RADIUS behavior, and to use Diameter;

  In existing deployments, where clients don't support Diameter?

  Are there *any* diameter clients built into equipment from major
networking vendors?  I don't recall any off-hand.

>  what we were talking about was a bug that makes transitioning
> gracefully from RADIUS to Diameter extremely painful, if not
> impossible.

  I agree.  My point was that RADIUS already has this issue,
independent of Diameter.  If we solve the issue for RADIUS, then we
should also get better Diameter interoperability for free.