Re: Capabilities: Moving forward - to the problem, please

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 09:50:14PM +0200, Emile van Bergen wrote:

> Unless we start doing that, explaining the *problem* at the bit level,
> without immediately going to broad generalities, I don't think we'll
> ever reach consensus about any solution.

With all due respect, I think this approach is completely wrong.  If
we want to solve individual problems with individual solutions, fine
and dandy, but we'll never be done.

If we want to solve the general problem that the NAS and server
belonging to two different administrations need to understand what
features of RADIUS each supports and requires, we should be looking
for solutions that solve the general problem, while also solving
the specific problems we know about today.

--
Barney Wolff        I never met a computer I didn't like.