Re: Capabilities: Moving forward - to the problem, please

Emile van Bergen <openradius-radextwg@e-advies.nl> wrote:
> Are you being serious? You're *seriously* claiming each item follows
> from the previous one?

  I would prefer that you discuss the content of my message, rather
than the manner in which it was presented.  That would be much more
productive.

> I think you missed Bernard's line that shopping lists make bad design
> documents. You seem to try and distill requirements from every shopping
> list item that has ever floated here.

  No.  I started with the two scenairos as stated in my message.  The
first requirement (C1) followed from that.  You haven't presented
concrete objections to that, or any of the other statements.

> So, if we FIRST get a SHORT list of real world problems that are
> currently fundamentally impossible to solve due to lack of information
> at the client or server AND clearly describe the decision that cannot be
> made correctly due to the lacking information,

  My message did so.  You haven't responded to it.

  I think part of the problem here is that we're talking at cross
purposes.  I've been reading the different posts, and trying to
distill a common set of scenarios.  I presented those, and some
requirements in my post.  Rather than address those, you've responded
with your own set of requirements.

  If the conversation is going to be nothing more than people
presenting what they want, and ignoring what other people say, I don't
see any point in continuing.

> Can we please, pretty please, get clarity about this? Do you, others,
> agree that these are the only two real problems related to missing
> information at either client or server side?

  Since you ignored my requirement statement, I'm not sure how my
addressing yours would move the discussion forward.