RE: Capabilities: Summary

Bernard Aboba writes...

> In any case, the issue only arises with NASes that don't support
GEOPRIV,
> since presumably ones that do will support Challenges.  In the case of
> legacy devices that support neither GEOPRIV nor Challenges, the issue
is
> moot, because treating the Challenge as an Access-Reject is the
desired
> result.

I think that Avi's point is that the desired result is *not*
Access-Reject in the particular scenario he describes: a roaming
consortium which contains none legacy, non-GEOPRIV NASes.  The home
provider would *like* to use GEOPRIV information to authorize its
roaming customers, but doesn't want to risk annoying the customer by
denying any form of access when they happen to be roaming via a non-home
ISP that has legacy NASes.

Or at least I think that's the scenario.