RE: Capabilities (was Re: AW: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt )

Hi David,

See inline....

Well I think we are going a bit overboard here.  I appreciate your
commnet but RADIUS and DIAMETER are what they are and a lot worse can
happen if you start to question the trust model of IETF based AAA
protocols.

And under the current charter we are not suppose to fix these issues.

> > And by the way, RADIUS does keep transactional state.
>
> The RADIUS protocol was designed so that RADIUS servers could
> be stateless.  This is achieved by passing the state "cookie"
> back to the RADIUS clients in the form of the State and Class
> attributes.

Exactly.  State is how RADIUS can keep transactional state.