RE: Capabilities (was Re: AW: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt )

> > The RADIUS server may REQUIRE location in order to evaluate a
> > authentication/authorization policy.  That policy could state that if
> > location is not provided then allow the user on with certain
> > constraints.

Yes, but the RADIUS server can do this *after* it has indicated that it
requires the NAS to provide location information via an Access-Challenge.

For example, the NAS initially does not send location information; the
RADIUS server sends an Access-Challenge asking for it;  the NAS still does
not send it, and then the RADIUS server sends an Access-Accept with
limited authorizations, instead of an Access-Reject.

In this scenario, there is still no need for "capabilities advertisement"
by a NAS.

> In the case of location information, what is the problem with the NAS
> always providing any location information that it has to the RADIUS
> server?

It may be undesirable for the NAS to send location by default.  But as
argued earlier, this is not a problem -- the RADIUS server can ask for the
information.

> If the issue is that the User wants the NAS to only disclose location to
> RADIUS servers that he trusts, I think there is a lot of heavy lifting
> to do.

I'd argue that the only RADIUS server that a user can trust is its home
RADIUS server. There can be no notion of a user trusting intermediate
proxies.