AW: AW: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt

hi bernard,

> > The radius server might also understand either civic,
> geospatial or  both.
>
> We need to distinguish between the RADIUS Accounting Server
> and the RADIUS
> Authentication Server.  The RADIUS Accounting Server can be
> assumed to
> "understand" anything (e.g. it just writes AVPs to stable
> storage).  The
> RADIUS Server should be thought of as either REQUIRING or NOT
> REQUIRING an
> attribute.  If an attribute is REQUIRED the RADIUS Server
> will request it
> in an Access-Challenge.

if we talk about location-based authorization and if this authorization
step is mandatory then the radius server will ask the nas to provide
location information and if he cannot provide it then an access reject
must be sent.

if the home network operator just wants to print location information to
the bill (something like 'wlan hotspot at abc in munich') then the
radius server might not want to send an access reject if the nas cannot
provide it. maybe the best way to address this aspect is not to request
location information with the access-challenge but later when accounting
messages are exchanged.

ciao
hannes