AW: AW: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt

hi bernard,

> > it is not uncommon to treat some topic as out-of-scope if
> they touch a
> > different area.
>
> I'd agree that communication of location between the NAS &
> user is out of
> scope -- but this specification is about communication
> between the NAS and
> AAA server, right?
true.

i understood your request as a 'please describe the mechanisms that are
used to determine the location of an end host'. i think that these
mechanisms do not belong into the document nor do i think we have the
experts in the ietf to provide a proper treatment of these mechanisms.
maybe i misunderstood your idea.

> > after reviewing all the mails regarding the review of
> > draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt it appears that most issues are
> > refer to the capability exchange. i suspect that resolving the
> > capability exchange issue will resolve the main concerns.
>
> Yes.  The document already allows the "entities" to be specified.  It
> supports Civil and Geospatial location.  So much of the basic
> functionality is there.
>
> So all you really need is a way for the RADIUS server to
> communicate to
> the NAS what it needs (typically in an Access-Challenge).
> This is not
> difficult.
i agree with you.

ciao