Re: Implementation Survey: How does your EAP peer/RADIUS proxy handle internationalization?

Hi Alan,

Years of deployment without complaints is a strong indicator that a
problem doesn't exist. Let's let sleeping dogs lie.

Ok. But I'd still like to understand this better. Or I really
need to, because we need to decide whether to
 (a) strip i18n out of the bis draft altogether
 (b) keep current utf-8 + plain-old-dns-name-but-as-idnunaware-
       name-slot scheme
 (c) change to utf-8 altogether

In some sense all of these approaches can be argued
to be doing as little as possible. Which one do you want?

Also, before you answer the above lets try to get some
understanding on whether "no complaints" means
 (i) no one is using i18n dns names yet. i have some sense
     that this might be the case, as at least here in Finland
     I think they allowed the new types of allocations
     very recently.
 (ii) existing support (just let utf-8 through) is working
      well
 (iii) solutions from a single vendor work well, but
       not a lot of interop has been attempted with this
       particular case

--Jari