RE: [eap] RE: [Isms] RADIUS is not a trusted third party

Glen Zorn writes...

> I may not trust the government of the United States, but it has
> authorized me (through the issuance of a passport) to leave the
> country and return.

I'm not sure this is an apt example of your point.  I rather suspect
that your distrust of the Federal government extends to areas other than
whether or not the agency that issued you a passport has the authority
to do so. :-)

In terms of the trust needed for enforcement of authorization, in your
example it is the trust relationship that various customs agents have
with the US government (among others) that allows them to validate your
passport and grant you passage.

In general, I think that concept of authorization without any form of
trust relationship is pretty useless.