Re: Review of draft-lior-radius-bandwidth-capability-00.txt

Bernard Aboba <aboba@internaut.com> wrote:
> 64-bit attributes are already supported in existing RADIUS RFCs such as
> RFC 3162.

  ? I see IPv6 attributes there, but not 64-bit *integers*.

> I don't think you need a 64-bit processor to handle a 64-bit RADIUS
> attribute.

  You will need a 64-bit aware compiler at least.

  Again, my concerns aren't show-stoppers, they're nit-picks.  I just
want to be clear that 64-bit integer support is *new*.

> I think this makes sense.  We should add this to "issues and fixes"
> It will be trickier for RADIUS servers to require Message-Authenticator
> for legacy applications, of course.

  I agree.  Thanks.