RE: Issue 79; digest-auth realm validation

Joe,

So I think I understand what the risk is -- based on the previous emails
that you sent.

But this still bothers me:

We could have text in the security section that says something to the
effect: there is a security risk in that the NAS (or proxies for that matter
may obtaining digest hashes.

It's a totally different thing to say that the RADIUS server should
authorize the NAS.  We don't have that concept in RADIUS.  In RADIUS all
clients are trusted via the shared secret.

How do you propose that the client be authorized? And even if you authorize
the client it maybe a proxy, that is we don't know what is the ultimate
client in RADIUS.