Re: AW: AW: [Issue] Review of draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-01.txt, Diameter dependency

> I am more worried about Wolfgang's concerns about "Diameter SIP document
> is likely to be blocked based on the lack of compatibility with RADIUS
> Digest". Can someone expand these concerns, because we should addressed
> them. I thought that we have limited compatibility just restricted by
> the smaller scope of the RADIUS draft.

It is ok for Diameter SIP to be a *superset* of the RADIUS Digest
document.  It is not ok for Diameter SIP to be unable to translate AVPs or
modes of operation that occur within RADIUS Digest.

From reading the RADIUS Digest Diameter compatibility section, it would
appear that Diameter SIP cannot handle a situation where the RADIUS client
generates nonces.  If so, this would mean that Diameter SIP is a *subset*
of RADIUS Digest functionality.