AW: AW: AW: [Issue] Review of draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-01.tx t, Diameter dependency

> I am more worried about Wolfgang's concerns about "Diameter SIP document
> is likely to be blocked based on the lack of compatibility with RADIUS
> Digest". Can someone expand these concerns, because we should addressed
> them. I thought that we have limited compatibility just restricted by
> the smaller scope of the RADIUS draft.
Sorry, my quoting was misleading. It is Bernard who is concerned about the
Diameter draft lacking nonce generation at the Diameter client.

I don't think it is a big problem. If you have a RADIUS client and
Diamter server, configure the RADIUS client to obtain the nonces
from the server. If you have a Diameter client and a RADIUS server,
configure your server to provide nonces.

Wolfgang

--
T-Systems
Next Generation IP Services and Systems