Re: Radius-Geopriv: Who adds location information

Tschofenig Hannes wrote:

hi all,

bernard and lionel have sent this question to the mailing list:

[Lionel]

==> Is it so sure that NAS is always the source of location information?
Couldn't we have scenarios where the location information is added by the RADIUS proxy in the visited network, because the NAS is not able to retrieve the user's location for instance?

[Bernard]

This seems quite likely, in fact.

[hannes] we might not have mentioned this explicitly but we made no
restrictions with regard to the endity that may add location information
(e.g., the nas or a proxy).

Yes. Do we have a text proposal that explicitly mentions this?

--Jari