Radius-Geopriv: Precision

hi all,

the text paragraph about precision raised some discussions, see below:

[lionel]
   Additionally, the Precision field provides further information about
   the location information provided via Radius.  For large networks
   information about the location of the user can be provided in
   different degrees of accuracy.  This field gives a hint.  Ideally the
   location of the user is returned to the home network but in some
   cases it might not be available.  It has to be noted that the user
   does not provide the location information itself.

==> (1) I don't understand the end of this paragraph! What kind of user
location are you referring  to here? Whatever the precision and the nature
of the location information, the location of the  user could always be
returned to the home network. Maybe you are talking about the location of
the  user's end point (which could be far away from the NAS)?

==> (2) only two formats of location information are defined at this
stage: civil and geospatial. What about some "location ID" that could be
sent to the AAA server to  retrieve location info? I mean that the location
info attribute may convey either explicit  ("self-explicit") location
information or any identifier if there is a mean for the receiver to
extract explicit information from this ID, such as the CellID in GSM.

[bernard]
I was confused about this as well.

[Hannes] regarding bullet (2): we do not provide some location id tokens
(such as cellids) with  our proposal.

[lionel]

     Precision (8 bits):
       Describes which location this attribute refers to:
       (0) describes the location of the NAS
       (1) describes the location of the AAA server
       (2) describes the location of the end host (user)
       (3) describes the location of the network

==> What is the meaning of the fourth value? How could it be possible to
have less than the NAS or  the visited RADIUS location information?

[hannes] the current format allows to specify location information very
precisely. if you have a  larger network you might want to indicate only the
location of the network rather than the  location of each access point
(particularly if we configure the loc-info of the access points  manually).
indicating the precise information of the aaa server might not always what
you want. in  this case you might indicate, for example, a city destrict as
a whole rather than indicating the  floor where the aaa server can be found.

maybe the aspect of precision needs some more text. maybe the terminology
needs to be changed.

ciao
hannes