Re: Capabilities Proposals

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 06:47:55PM -0800, Bernard Aboba wrote:

> Since a capabilities attribute appears to be required for both the CUI and
> IEEE 802 drafts, as well others (Pre-paid?) we are going to need to figure
> out how this works to get these documents done.

I don't believe a capabilities attribute is required for CUI.  The last
scheme I'm aware of for CUI has the proxy or NAS that requires CUI signal
that by including a NUL CUI attribute in its Access-Request.  Since CUI
is never needed by the server, the server has no need to know whether
the sender of an Access-Request that does not include the CUI does not
support CUI or merely does not require it.

My only reason for raising this is to suggest that CUI does not need to
wait for Capabilities to be thrashed out.

Regards,
Barney

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.