RE: Proposal: Capabilities Attribute

Thanx Barney.

Interms of justification. There have been at least three features in front
of us the require that the home server know whether or not the NAS supports
a particular capability.  Prepaid, CUI, Bandwidth.

Just to be clear it's not a bit per attribute but rater a bit (or two) per
subcapabilites.  The authors of a capability will determine which are the
subcapabilities of their feature.  Obviously we can do this for existing
capabilities.

So to summarize:
For the capability: one octet will give us 256 capabilites. Should be okay
or do we want two octets?

For subcapabilites one bit: per subcapabilites. Or as you suggest: using two
bits:

00 means do not support
10 means supported
11 means supported and required