RE: RADIUS Attribute Hiding and radext-digest-auth

> When authorizing sips or https connections, at least RADIUS
> attributes revealing the identity must be encrypted. In
> radext-digest-auth this applies to the following attributes:
>  - User-Name
>  - Digest-Username
>  - Digest-URI
>  - SIP-AOR [not yet in the draft]
>  Digest-HA1 would profit from encryption, too.

I think we need a threat model.

It is one thing to require that Tunnel-Password be a hidden attribute
in order to avoid exposing a cleartext secret on the wire.  It is
another thing to require privacy for existing attributes such as
User-Name.

If exposing a given attribute would create a security vulnerability, then
we can hide the attribute.  However, if we are just talking about privacy
of existing attributes, that is a situation where IPsec makes more sense.

Can you summarize the reasons that each of the above attributes need to be
encrypted?

I would like to get to the bottom of this.