RE: DO we really need a session at IETF71?

Hi Balazs
inline

Bert Wijnen

Yep I just reviewed quickly and am also not sure if/how it got
merged. So hopefully mark and Sharon can explain what is going on.
We (the WG chairs) had asked for the merged document.

> I have put in comments for the monitoring draft, and have read
> the TLS one which is OK.

Thanks.

> I will shortly publish a 01 version of the partial-locking draft

Great. At the other hand, just publishing it to address my admin/editorial
comments is not needed. What we need is to try and get the WHOLE WG involved
and get theire review. We MUST find out (well before IETF71) if there
are any serious/controverisal issues that we need to discuss f2f.
Once we have more comment, then it is timely enough (in my view) to do
a new revision. But I won;t stop you if you have to cycles to do one
sooner.

> - I think most/many of the netconf people are putting their
>   energies into the modeling work.
>   So please PUSH!!!! for a decision there.

That work is also very important, and indeed we need a decision at
the updoming IETF on a direction and a base to work from.

Nevertheless, here in the NETCONF WG, we MUST also try to make progress
and try to meet our milestones that we more or less committed to.
As WG chairs Mehmet and I are responsible to focus (here) on the
NETCONF chartered tasks and to make sure we have a fruitfull session
at IETF71 on the NETCONF chartered WG work items. That is what we
are trying to push for with our somewhat hars message.

Hope you understand.
Bert