Re: review/comments of/on draft-ietf-netconf-tls-00.txt

Dear Bert,

The TLS documents don't discuss the storage of the credentials (certificates, PSK, etc.). However, they recommend some documents to particularly generate the PSK as described in section 7.2 of RFC4279.

I can insert a sub-section on that but I think it will create some interoperability issues if we replace the hashed value of the password with the hashed value of the concatenation of the password and the agent identifier.

Personally, I prefer to recommend the use of a different password on each agent. The issues related to the password storage are not related to the TLS itself, and then better to don't discuss them in the document. But adding some hints in the security considerations section may be useful.

Best regards,
Badra

Bert Wijnen a écrit :
OK, so that explanation/detail/advice that you give below may
be something worthwhile to add to the text, or maybe state such
a thing in security considerations section?

Or is that already covered in the standard TLS documents?

Bert Wijnen