Re: comments on draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-00

Hello Bert,
Thanks for the comments. I mostly agree (see below).
Balazs

Bert Wijnen wrote:
Commenting as a technical contributor.
These are however mainly/initial editorial comments
that you can consider for the next revision.

- sect 1
    Partial locking will be introduced as a capability to NETCONF.
  I think I would prefer
    Partial locking is defined as a capability to NETCONF.
  or some such. So do not speak in the future
OK

- Sect 1.1
  Need to add a citation to RFC2119, and then add RFC2119 to the
  normative references.
OK
- sect 2.1
    The system will ensure that configuration resources covered by the
    lock will not be modified by other NETCONF or non-NETCONF management
    operations such as SNMP and the CLI.

  I think it would be better to not speak in the future.
So I would do The system ensures... lock can not be modified ,,,
  Or some such
OK

- Sect 2.2

    If the :xpath capability is supported, the filter expressions can be
    full XPath 1.0 expressions.

  This may be a good place to also add some text on how the filter
  experssions are limited if :xpath capability is not supported.
It is described in chapter 2.4.1. <partial-lock>. Do you find that description insufficient or do you think we should bring it forward here?
- page 12

    target:  Name of the configuration datastore of which a part will be
       locked.  URIs are not accepted.

  Did you mean "url" instead of URI?
In rfc4741 in sect 8.8 we speak of "URL capability" that allows urls to be used for target. We should try to be consistent in our usage of
  terms.
OK

- section 4, IANA considerations.

     The capability's URI should be registered by IANA.

  I would make this somewhat more explicit. Something aka

   This document registers a URN for the the following NETCONF
   capability in the netconf registry (RFC4741], sect 10.3):

   +--------------------+----------------------------------------------+
   | Index              | Capability Identifier                        |
   +--------------------+----------------------------------------------+
   | :partial-lock      | urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:partial-  |
   |                    | lock:1.0                                     |
OK

- Overall

Bert Wijnen

Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Fax: +36 1 4377792
Tel: +36-1-437-7320     email: Balazs.Lengyel@ericsson.com