RE: Netconf over SOAP

>The call is not "direct" with <rpc>, but the differences between
>with <rpc> and without <rpc> are largely cosmetic:

>agent.rpc(GetConfig g);   (with <rpc>)
>   vs
>agent.getConfig();        (without <rpc>)

>Indeed, the WSDL given in draft-ietf-netconf-soap-00.txt
>imports the NETCONF base schema with its defined types and this
>can used to generate source code corresponding to those types.

Ok.
We looked at the WSDL given in your draft-ietf-netconf-soap-00.txt
The name of RPC operation in your WSDL is "rpc".
It means the manager calls the name of "rpc" operation in the agent.
Don't you think so?
And we are wondering whether base operations are RPC operations in
NETCONF over SOAP.
If so, the examples of both your WSDL and SOAP RPC messages are not
correct.

What we want to point out is that the manager directly calls base
operations such as <get-config>, <edit-config> and etc.
Unlike your WSDL, our WSDL explains the base operations for direct
calling.
According to our WSDL, the body of the SOAP RPC message does not contain
any
<rpc> tag.

The use of RPC mechanism requires an exact RPC operation description.
Therefore, NETCONF over SOAP provides WSDL as the base operation
description considering RPC mechanism.

Hyoun-Mi Choi